Stone Temple Pilots Plush cover

ok, I'll admit, when I listened to the song the first time, I was 100% convinced that it was a joke. I had to listen to it again to see what in the world you were trying to do there. here are my observations:

1) You have about 5 voices on there that are all very off key.

2) The drums sound like you hit play on a casio from the 80s with dead batteries.

3) There is no structure at all. It sounds likeyou are making up the words as you go along.

I listened to the stuff on you signature, and while it's not groundbreaking, it does sound like music, which tells me you do have some recording background to where you should be able to put together better songs than this.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm trying to give honest feedback.

"The Boys Are Back In Town" cover did inspire to make a similar one though -- I think it work way better if that one had a slow, sludgy, heavy=psych vibe... lots repetition and only slight variations and just retaining the "the boys are back in town" lyric being sung over and over. :p

But I really don't dig the STP cover... the tube saturator plugin makes the resulting sound feel very clippied if it isn't actually clipping.

ok, I'll admit, when I listened to the song the first time, I was 100% convinced that it was a joke. I had to listen to it again to see what in the world you were trying to do there. here are my observations:

1) You have about 5 voices on there that are all very off key.

2) The drums sound like you hit play on a casio from the 80s with dead batteries.

3) There is no structure at all. It sounds likeyou are making up the words as you go along.

I listened to the stuff on you signature, and while it's not groundbreaking, it does sound like music, which tells me you do have some recording background to where you should be able to put together better songs than this.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm trying to give honest feedback.

1) what key are they in if they aren't in the correct one? I don't know anything about keys.

2) I just used the legacy plugin LM7 drum machine in cubase. That's all I needed for what I was doing. I thought about replacing the drums with my steven slate samples in drumagog but I thought they sounded good lo fi and with much distortion.

3) All the lyrics are from the actual song, which I karaoke all the time. I tell people, "wanna hear me sing the shittiest song ever written?" and then I somehow make it sound better.

I worked just as hard on Plush as those songs, although artistically those songs are in a different spectrum than Plush. Even if you don't like my version you can at least admit that it's better than the original. Also, the other songs I covered are actual good songs, I don't want people to think that I'm only trying to cover shitty songs. I think you guys are too biased coming from a recording/engineering perspective to care for my songs. People are telling me that Won't Get Fooled Again is amazing. Sounding like a trainwreck does not preclude it from being awesome sounding. Also, while not groundbreaking, some of the songs in my sig sounds better than 90% of the stuff posted on here that was recorded at home and not in a studio. I understand where you're coming from with your critiques on clipping and what not, but that is intentional and if you can't remove yourself from the mindset of "this has distortion, therefore it sounds bad" then I think you need to take a step back from the DAW and make or listen to some amazing music made on a 4 channel with the inputs too hot.

Without the distortion and the drum programming I did, the song wouldn't even be in the same genre. I think saying, "hey, take that really weird cover and make it sound more like the original! I don't like all the changes you made!" kind of misses the whole point of the thing. It's not supposed to sound anything like the original song. I actually HATE the original song.

This post is addressed to everyone, and not solely bozmillar. Thanks dudes.

How in the world did you get that vocal sound? Its fucking killer, man. And your timing is impeccable. Job well done on a few of my favorite tunes of all time. Can you post these somewhere so I can download them and put them in my mp3 player?

Oh fuck, dude. I just checked out celebrate good times on your site. Fuck me in my virgin asshole. That's fucking great. Seriously. I love what you did with it.

Oh fuck, dude. I just checked out celebrate good times on your site. Fuck me in my virgin asshole. That's fucking great. Seriously. I love what you did with it.

yeah, i really like the part where he said "celebrate good times come on!"

[3) All the lyrics are from the actual song, which I karaoke all the time. I tell people, "wanna hear me sing the shittiest song ever written?" and then I somehow make it sound better.

4)I worked just as hard on Plush as those songs, although artistically those songs are in a different spectrum than Plush. Even if you don't like my version you can at least admit that it's better than the original. .[/QUOTE]

3) no, you did not

4) no, it is not

:cool:

Dang, when I first heard this I thought someone had hacked my shit and stole my stuff. And to think, I thought I was ready to post "my first mix" here in the mp3 clinic.

I guess it's back to the drawing board...dag dawgit. :mad:

Back