Still breathing

analogkid

I Bleed Analog!
For the record gang, I am still breathing..... just been so damned busy I haven't touched tape in several months.

AK

I know the feeling man! I haven't touched tape or even put some vinyl on the turntable in months. I did stop by the local Half Priced Books store and scored something I've never seen before. It's an album titled "Maxell Rock II Sampler". Anyone else heard of these compilations?

Good to hear from you, AK. I just picked up a soldering iron for the first time in weeks and that was just to repair a cable...:eek: Gluing a VU meter lense housing for the Ampex 440-8 at the moment that was broken in about 5 places...coming together well...gotta love super glue. Next its seeing how well the rusty center guide cleans up...

Um...I guess I haven't touched tape in awhile either...NO WAIT! Last Sunday! I bought a reel of 3M 479 type C 1" video tape for $9 for the reel...6-screw precision reel...it was a small chore to get the tape off of it. My wife didn't want the tape for any crafts or anything...I cut off a small piece of it and asked her if she needed it for anything and while she was pondering I told her we had over a half-mile of it.

NO WAIT AGAIN! I just received a couple MORE 1" precision reels off of eBay today on the cheap, one was a PEM468 reel that ended up having some tape left on it!!! I think I touched it...SCORE!!

Back