Stereo...

Boseafus

Hi all,

Total newbie question but I just can't seem to get it. I have recorded 5 tracks (n-track) and would like to mix it down and can't seem to figure out how to get certain tracks in stereo. Does it have to do with how I recorded the track (left chanel)? If so, what do I need to do to record in stereo...not mono.

Thanks.

B

Stereo can be:

A recording of a guitar (example) using,

2 Microphones to 2 Preamps to 2 inputs on your soundcard, to 2 tracks in N-track, recorded simultaneously. panned left and right after the fact.

Or

2 seperate recordings on 2 tracks in N-Track, panned left and right. Recorded in two seperate takes. This is not limited to two tracks. You have 5 for example - how you pan each of them across the stereo field left - center - right will create your stereo image.

I think maybe it's the panning that's messing you up, or is there a mono button in N-Track?

With your 5 tracks, they can be panned a variety of ways, left or right, center and anywhere inbetween. Those 5 tracks, once balanced and panned accordingly will be sent to two master outputs within N-Track(as well as coming out 2 outputs on your souncard so you can listen to what your doing). Once you mixdown, or export the file, you end up with a two track stereo file. The sum of the 5 tracks.

Last edited:
When you open the "mixdown song" window, click on "more options"...there, you'll see "Channels" where you can choose between stereo and mono. If you've panned the tracks to different positions, you mixdown in stereo.

How do you like nTrack so far? I've been using it for a few weeks only and am curious how other new users are taking to it.

g

Back