Stereo WAVs split into 2 tracks?

NeuzGrouper

Hey all,

I am currently using Fruity Loops for the drum tracks, and exporting the final project, drum by drum, into WAVs that I dump into cakewalk.

Problem is, I find it much easier to get a convincing stereo image on any given sound if the right and left are 2 seperate tracks. I can't find anything about splitting the r/l channels to different tracks in Cakewalk, and I am pretty sure fruity won't let me do the "stereo split" thing.

So, does anyone know if/how this can be done?

And while I am at it...any pointers on getting more "lively" stereo images would be great, too!

Thanks!

This is possible to do in Cakewalk. When you choose File -> Import -> Audio, make shure the "Split Stereo" checkbox is marked. :)

Or if you have already imported the track, highlight it and choose Edit > Bounce to Tracks. From the drop down menu next to Format, select Mix to Separate Left and Right Tracks.

EDIT: BTW, if you are bringing the drum tracks in one at a time, why are you bringing them in in Stereo. If you have a track with just a snare, just a kick, etc., they really should be mono tracks. If this is the case it's no wonder you're having problems with the stereo field.

Thanks a million guys!

For helping a wayward (and apparently blind, it was right in front of me!) soul, you have now recieved 300 extra "good karma" points which are good with any diety.

(Offer not valid in New Jersey)

Thanks again!

NeuzGrouper said:

(Offer not valid in New Jersey)

Not valid in New Jersey?!?!?!?!? See if I ever you offer any help!!! :D ;) :p

Actually, I just bought a copy of SONAR last weekend after having used n-Track for the last few years. I'm guessing I'll be asking for a whole lot more help than I offer for the foreseeable future.

Maybe by the time I get up to speed with SONAR the New Jersey policy will have changed. ;)

:p

I'm a transplant, not a native, so it doesn't bother me too much. And I'll of course offer any help I can offer.

DaveO said:
:p

I'm a transplant, not a native
Wow. And here I was thinking people only left New Jersey. :)

Just kidding. I'm a big Jersey booster. Southern Jersey is pretty nice and still fairly liveable. I used to live in Marlton for a couple of years. Exit 4. :D

dachay2tnr said:
I used to live in Marlton for a couple of years. Exit 4. :D

GTFOH!!!!! When was that?

When I first moved to NJ in 1986 I lived in Voorhees. Then right after we got married (1990) my wife and I bought a house in Marlton and have been there ever since.

Where were you? Wait, let me guess. King's Grant, right? :rolleyes: We live at the other end of town, near Greentree Rd. and Evesboro-Medford Rd. Actually, our development, Westbury Chase, is off Evesboro-Medford Rd.

... and let also me apologize to NeuzGrouper for this blatant thread hijacking. :o

DaveO said:
Where were you? Wait, let me guess. King's Grant, right? :rolleyes: We live at the other end of town, near Greentree Rd. and Evesboro-Medford Rd. Actually, our development, Westbury Chase, is off Evesboro-Medford Rd.
Small world. Actually I also lived in a development off Evesboro-Medford Rd. Can't remember the name of the development, but the street was Carlton Ave., which connects directly to Evesboro-Medford Rd.

This would have been back in the early 80's though. It was one of the first developments in that area back then. Pretty much nothing else around but corn fields. Is Traino's Liquor Store on Church and Church still there?? :D :D :D

Small world indeed. I have a cousin who's lived on Carlton for probably about 20-25 years. I know her's was one of the first large developments in the area. Her address is 86 Carlton Ave. Where were you? Sounds like you were VERY close to where she is.

My development is on what used to be the orchards on the left side of the road just after you got onto Evensboro-Medford Road. I've seen a lot of changes in the 12+ years we've been there so I'd imagine it's A LOT different from when you were there. Not many corn fields left. In fact, almost the entire stretch of Evesboro-Medford road out to Route 70 is developed in one way or another now.

Traino's is still there, but they no longer have the farmer's market. That hald of the building became a combination Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robbins Ice Cream a few years ago.

Thread Hijacking

No need to apologize to me at all. I actually feel kind of special for having started a conversation! My question was answered already. The rest is gravy, as far as I am concerned.

BTW, Dave, I am by no means an expert, but some advice I would offer on Sonar that could greatly speed up your working in it would be to go to Help > Keyboard Shortcuts from within the program, then print that whole section, and put it somewhere whre you will see it periodically. (Personally, I left my copy in the WC, so as to have it available when I am heaving the daily Havannah.)

You may already have known about that, but that technique has saved me so much time in so many programs, I figure it is worth dropping on here.

Back