Stereo Vocals...How to fix mistake...Please

Blackwiz

Okay, I usually record vocals in mono. Now, I actually made the mistake of recording all of my vocals in a song I have, in stereo. but I set it up as if it is mono. So I have two and some couples panned to left and to right.

Anyway, I guess in my setup, I have stereo playback or whatever.(im kind of still learning this whole recording thing), so its all stereo and sounds right in my studio. But I wanted to check how it sounds when I export it and when I play the file back on Windows Media Player, the vocals are only coming out on the right side.

How do I fix this. I've even had the tracks in the dead middle without panning to left or right. What Im really trying to prevent is recording everything all over.

Can anyone help me? I hope I explained exactly the problem, since I tend to half explain what the problem is.

This Is What Ya Do Dawg..

Okay, I usually record vocals in mono. Now, I actually made the mistake of recording all of my vocals in a song I have, in stereo. but I set it up as if it is mono. So I have two and some couples panned to left and to right.

Anyway, I guess in my setup, I have stereo playback or whatever.(im kind of still learning this whole recording thing), so its all stereo and sounds right in my studio. But I wanted to check how it sounds when I export it and when I play the file back on Windows Media Player, the vocals are only coming out on the right side.

How do I fix this. I've even had the tracks in the dead middle without panning to left or right. What Im really trying to prevent is recording everything all over.

Can anyone help me? I hope I explained exactly the problem, since I tend to half explain what the problem is.

First, if your doing a harmony piece in a song....TO ME personally it always sounds best in stereo. In order to turn your track that are already Mono into Stereo tracks follow these steps.

1. Make sure there are at least two mono tracks of the vocals at hand. If not, just go to file>Duplicate track.(make sure that the track is selected by highlighting the track name). Remember, only duplicate the track if there is only one track you are trying to convert to stereo.

2. Next, Go to File>Make new tracks. Create a STEREO track by selecting stereo in the create new track pop up.

3. After youve done that, Highlight the two tracks you are going to make stereo ( there HAS to be TWO TRACKS FOR THIS). Hold Shift and highlight one, then hold shift and highlight the other so that both are highlited at the same time.

4. Finally, Use the hand tool; and drag both tracks at the same time to the new stereo track. For an easier outcome, try and make sure that the 2 mono tracks are right below each other....it's alot harder two move 2 tracks that are seperated by a different vocal or instrument track.

this should do it. You'll have to probably remix the new tracks in a little bit:(, because the stereo conversion takes out a little volume.

Happy recording man....Holla

My Bad Man

My bad dawg, I misunderstood your question...the reason it is playing in one speaker is because it only processed as mono...Just drag the ENTIRE WAVE to a new mono track...same thing that i first wrote but make the new tracks mono instead of stereo...ya Feel me. Just grab the highlighted wave from the ones that are stereo and put them into a new mono track

First, if your doing a harmony piece in a song....TO ME personally it always sounds best in stereo. In order to turn your track that are already Mono into Stereo tracks follow these steps.

1. Make sure there are at least two mono tracks of the vocals at hand. If not, just go to file>Duplicate track.(make sure that the track is selected by highlighting the track name). Remember, only duplicate the track if there is only one track you are trying to convert to stereo.

2. Next, Go to File>Make new tracks. Create a STEREO track by selecting stereo in the create new track pop up.

3. After youve done that, Highlight the two tracks you are going to make stereo ( there HAS to be TWO TRACKS FOR THIS). Hold Shift and highlight one, then hold shift and highlight the other so that both are highlited at the same time.

4. Finally, Use the hand tool; and drag both tracks at the same time to the new stereo track. For an easier outcome, try and make sure that the 2 mono tracks are right below each other....it's alot harder two move 2 tracks that are seperated by a different vocal or instrument track.

this should do it. You'll have to probably remix the new tracks in a little bit:(, because the stereo conversion takes out a little volume.

Happy recording man....Holla
Good idea but this doesn't give you stereo, just dual mono tracks. Oh ya, there's a rat after pa! Separate

Massive has the answer.

Export as dual mono and dump the blanks.

What does that mean exactly? I exported the tracks split into two mono tracks. Then I used the two mono tracks and placed them in mono channels, but It still appears to be in one side? Or was I supposed to just keep one and duplicate it?

Good idea but this doesn't give you stereo, just dual mono tracks. Oh ya, there's a rat after pa! Separate

Massive has the answer.

Exactly. Splitting a mono track into 2, by copying it or otherwise, doesn't give you a stereo track. The only way to get a stereo track is 2 sing it TWICE.

Ya feel me?:eek:

Back