Stereo track question.

rj

From the Master fader section I created File (WAVE) and Went to wavelab to start mastering. But My paino (TRACK 1) was gone. So I went back to cubase and track 1 and 2 were now 'ganged' together (Blue faders like in the groups) and I dont know how to un-gang them so they are 2 mono and not 1 stereo.
I tried deleteing track 2 (IT was amuted click track anyway) but they are still morphed together. How do I seperate them? How did I connect them by accident?

rj,

I looked into the problem your having, but could not find a solution. These 2 tracks were both wav files, and not one midi or anything? It sounds like a possible bug in the program. I'll keep on it and let you know if I come across anything. Here's a tip, if your not already doing this. I always have another mirror directory of all the songs I'm working on, so that, in the event something strange happens, I can revert backwards.

Emeric

Thanks for the response.
WHen performing a mixdown do I need 2 open tracks?
I think I mixed down (Creat file in the master section) and it created a steroe file called 'mixdown' and need a place to put it. There were no available tracks so it put the file on 1 and 2 for playback. Remember my piano was gone? Track 1. (and track 2 was a dummy click track) and so I think I figured out what I did. The next time I create a file (mixdown in master section) I will have 2 empty tracks to play the file from. Did I figure it out? Please define these 3 words and tell me how I would utilize them.
1. Mixer map
2. Drum Map
3. Sound Driver
I realllly wanna know what they are and why everybody knows but me!
Thanks

I think you figured the problem out. When I create the output file I just send it to stereo wav file in another directory, but not to 2 available tracks within Cubase.

As for the 3 definitions. The first 2 relate to MIDI I believe, neither one of which I use. A sound driver is a small program that is specific to your hardware, in this case your sound card. Different cards have different software coding written for them, allowing the hardware to interact with the operating system and applications (cubase).

Emeric

Back