Stereo Mic Bar

You could make your own if you are good with tools and the sort. A simple one would just be a piece of metal and 2 of the thread caps that come on some mic stands. It would be cheap and easy to build with just a few welds.

Of course I could have done that. And I did.
But there's so many out there, I wanted YOUR opinion on which one you use and why. OnStage stuff is usually crap. I want something that is quality and will last be a while.

I actually have an On-Stage 5 mic bar... Variable spaicing and angles... the thing is solid steel, and would knock out most folks with a single blow!!!

Seriously, it's a quality piece... eBay, $14....

Thanks C7. That's more what I was looking for.

turnitdown - I might get the OnStage one for starters. I have 3 OnStage boom stands and they're pretty much crap when you get them up high enough. One of the poles is bent, but I guess that bar is better quality!

Thanks to you both! :)

I looked at a lot of stereobars but they all looked either too flimsy or not adjustable enough. Then I looked at my drum hardware and got inspired. I got a couple drum hardware clamps, the basic kind that you can use to, say, mount a cymbal boom off a tom stand and a couple 4" mic extension tubes. These are plenty solid and you can adjust them about any way you can think of.

Back