Stereo Matched Pair Questions???

TheHunter

What is exactly the difference of these two mics? Are they different in frequencies? Sensitivity? or ???

How the mic manufacturer match these mics as a pair?

Which mics?

Manufacturers have different methods for matching, but it often involves measuring the volume output and frequency response of the capsule and pairing up 2 mics with similar specs.

Some manufacturers claim that their production tolerances are tight enough that matching is not necessary and any two mics from the same line should be approximately matched. Others will pair mics of consecutive serial numbers as "matched."

scrubs said:
Which mics?

Manufacturers have different methods for matching, but it often involves measuring the volume output and frequency response of the capsule and pairing up 2 mics with similar specs.

Some manufacturers claim that their production tolerances are tight enough that matching is not necessary and any two mics from the same line should be approximately matched. Others will pair mics of consecutive serial numbers as "matched."
Thanks! Now I just added my knowledge on mics. Well say like MSH mics how they match? You know what, I have a different perception of match pair, I thought that the frequency responses are different. Now I know why I still get a good stereo (wide) result even the mics are not match pair.

Back