Stereo Headphone jack

Cult_Status02

I'm putting a stereo headphone jack on a walla plate to go through the wall. What cabeling would you guys suggest? You would think this would be easy info to come by, but I can't find it anywhere, I guess people just assume a lot. Could I just use an XLR cable. What I mean by that is that on the same panel I'm sending one XLR cable male one end, female on the other. Well I'm using cable from one of my cords, could I use that same cabling, as it is 3 wires, for the headphone jack as well? Thanks for your time. I'm asking because I did this today and for some reason I was only getting a mono signal, not the stereo.

Thanks.

I would just get a headphone extension cable that is long enough and use that, cut the ends off and wire it up to the wall jacks. That is what I did with XLR and TRS connects in my home, worked out just great!

Thanks a lot guys, I'm just going to have to do some trial an error I believe to get it to work because as I said it wasn't working with stereo, just mono. But thanks guys, at least I now know I'm on the right track.

Back