Stereo condenser mics

lo beam

Anyone have any suggestions for a modestly priced stereo condenser mic?

Something like the Sony ECM-MS907 with battery power? It's gonna be primarily used for location sound/ field recordings, birdsong...that sorta thing.

If I had the budget, I'd go or a Rode NT4 or something, but sadly I don't. I'm aiming for £50/ $120 ish.

All thoughts welcome - I need to do some bang-fer-buck sifting :)

you might try the 2 of the naiant msh-1's ($19 each), plus 2 mhi battery adaptors ($25) each, and a stereo bar ($15 from naiant). if you add in international shipping, you're probably right around (maybe a smidge over) $120.
if interested you can hear soundclips and read more about those at:
www.naiant.com
i had a rode nt-4 and thought it was pretty good fwiw. i got mine for $200 used, but that kind of deal is probably pretty rare.

Ta. While they look great...and are amazing value...I don't think they're what I need. I'm primarily going to be recording outdoors and so it'd be handier to have an all-in-one stereo mic that was fairly unobtrusive and quick to set up & use.

I've also spied the Audio Technica PRO24 as an alternative to the Sony. I have used the Sony in the past and was very impressed, but itr'd be cool to know what else is out there.

I wouldn't buy those...it's a trick... the CIA is collecting information on everyone that buys them. You'll be wearing tooth picks under your toe nails the day after you place your order. :D

They do look like they'd be useful....and I am thinking about some binaural mics for other ideas...but I'm really looking for something you could leave in situ for a while ( thinking of birdsong capture here)

hmm so no one would realize i'm recording them now!!!

.... better get the senn. capsules for 3x the price of course!

TragikRemix said:
hmm so no one would realize i'm recording them now!!!

.... better get the senn. capsules for 3x the price of course!

lol

I wouldn't waste the money on the other capsules, the ones they come with are fine.

treymonfauntre said:
omnidirectional in-ear microphones.. hmmmmmmmm

Exactly...big brutha' is watchin'. Mark my words...if I disappear tomorrow, you'll know the truth. Mark my words! ;)

Back