Step ya game up.

Change of POETS

Mini rant...

What's with the younger side of our Hip-Hop community now days? Everyone is looking for a pat on the back, and more than 80% of these cats need a swift kick in the can. :mad:

If you drop a beat, and people don't feel it... Don't cry about it. Don't make excuses like "well I was going for that sound"... What sound? Wack? If so, you're on point...

If you drop a track, and people ain't feeling it... Stop pissing and moaning about it. First off, not everyone is gonna feel you. Realize that, and keep it moving. Second, you're probably wack, and you need to step your game up.

When I started writing about 15 years ago, I was wack. I wrote and wrote and wrote some more, until I was slightly less wack. It took about 7 years of creative writing and thinking, to craft my talent to a comfortable position where I could record, and have people wanting to purchase my music.

Today, it's like every kid with a labtec mic and cool edit thinks they're an emcee. Well, you're not. What you are, is impatient, illiterate, ignorant, and wack. Take some critique once and awhile, and get your panties out of their bunch. Shut up, and listen to people who know what they're talking about. Stop trying to be an overnight success.

You want to be the next Eminem, but you don't want to do the 10 years of work he did, before he got signed. You just want the deal, without all the hard work. It doesn't work that way, idiot. Stimulate a brain cell for once, and pay your dues like the rest of us.

I swear... the next kid I see spout off about this crap, I'm gonna (to quote one of my favorites) "pull out the jammy...."

Well put!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I bet you scared the Hell out of a few rookies, they need chastising every once in a while....
heheeeee

preach!

lol there was this guy on myspace that wanted to collaborate...

he sent me beats, and he was straight samplin Alicia Keys and Janet Jackson, I ain't playin' dude!

***in a Barry White Voice***

DAMN RIGHT, but you kno wat gets me wen young cats don't wanna listen wen there recording...the excuse nowadays i hate is, well Lil Wayne does it he freestyles the whole song

I just wanna smack the shit outa them and go "ARE YOU LIL WAYNE NO!!!!"

And you can't believe the hype. If you weren't in the room when "Lil' Wayne" was recording the track, then how the fuck you know if he freestyled that or not?

Back