Steinberg Clean 2.0?

Lame Thrower

I just picked this up at Guitar Sphincter for $20. It is meant to be used to clean up vinyl recordings for burning them onto CD. I just bought it because it includes a CD burning program, and I didn't want to spring for NERO.

I'm having a problem though. It won't recognize my CD burner (TEAC W524E) when I attempt to burn a CD. It will rip tracks off of a CD just fine, but it won't burn. :(

I know probably no one knows anything about this piece of crap, but maybe someone else has experienced something similar. I doubt I'll have any luck with Steinberg tech support.

The only possibility I can think of is that the IDE cable that I'm using came off of an old CD-ROM drive. CD-RWs don't use a different cable do they?

Thanks for doing that legwork Slack. You are always helpful to dumbasses like me.:D

Unfortunately, I've already been there and done that. My drive isn't on the list of supported drives, and applying the updated drivers didn't fix the problem.

The thing that trips me out is that when I rip tracks from a CD, Clean recognizes my CD-RW by name, but when I try to search for a drive to burn on, it just hangs.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Back