stealth plug uses

rog999

Hey all

I just bought Stealthplug /Amplitube 2 live. with some decent cabling into my mixer I find I can get a superb sound for my bass guitar and come to that my tele too. In fact I find the sounds better than my POD2.

I undertand I can use stealthplug as a superior output from my laptop(compared to the headphone out) from Reaper.

However, anyoine know uf I can use the stealthplug out from my laptop when I am simply playing MP3s or CDs on my laptop. Anyone manage to do this?

R

Just looked around for info and find that stealthplug can be used as output for any software that can use ASIO as output, that makes sense.

Then I tried looking for a media player that can use ASIO and it becomes more complicated. Various plug ins exist for winamp and Windows media player etc, however reports of problems seem common. Anyone have a recommendation for a media player that will play both CDS and mp3 players and outpout through ASIO, that is stable?

R

Ok Im answering my own posts here but thought it might be useful for anyone else looking at the same thing.

foobar2000 http://www.foobar2000.org/ has supported ASIO since 2009 I am going to try this.

Would be intrested in anyone elses experience with this software with ASIO or any other software they have used for this purpose?

R

to get foobar to output to ASIO you will also need to download component ASIO support 1.2.7 from the foobar web site and then copy the resultant file foo_out_asio.dll to C:\Program Files\foobar2000\components

R

Ok to summarise.

I got it working and this is how I did it.

Download foobar2000
http://www.foobar2000.org/
Also download the "component" "ASIO support 1.2.7"
install foobar
then copy the file foo_out_asio.dll
to C:Program Filesfoobar2000components

Make sure no other programs such as AMplitube2 are running, otw you cannot assign ASIO to foobar

From the foobar pull down menu choose "library", "configure"
click on "output" in the left hand side window
In the device pull down choose "ASIO: IK StealthPlug ASIO Driver"
click on the (+) by output
Now click on "ASIO Virtual Devices" in the left hand window
click on "Add New"
and add "IK STealthPlug ASIO Driver"
now restart foobvar and the output should be going threough the stealplug and into whatever you have that connected to. Imn my case it goes into my mixer and sounds a lot better than the standard heaphone out on my laptop

Back