Static ?

RPK

I am new to computer recording. I am using Adobe Audition 3 with a Motu audio express and a PC laptop. My latest problem is all recorded songs new or old have developed a static on playback throughout the whole song on every track? There appears to be no redline or overload conditions. Cords have been wiggled and cleaned. I have no clue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RPK

What's is your playback system? Is it monitors..........phones?? Noise on both? Maybe post a sample? I assume there's no noise when recording. What changes have you made recently.......small or or otherwise. "Static' can come from so many sources. Give us a little more detail.

OTTOMH
I would say your buffer setting has slipped to an unsupportable level.
Crank it up to 2048 samples since latency matters not for playback.
If that fixes it you can start to reduce it. I have run at 256samples with a 2496 soundcard for years with quite modest computers.

MOTU drivers are supposed to be good? Not RME wizardry but ok. (you are of course running ASIO???)

Dave.

Mickster..... It is in both monitors and headphones. I do get the same noise when recording. I will try to post a sound clip.

ecc83....How do I crank up the sample rate. ( very, very DAW challenged)

I wonder if I should update drivers and software for the Audio Express? Can't hurt I'm guessing?

Thanks for all the help

" ecc83....How do I crank up the sample rate. ( very, very DAW challenged)"

Where's Bobbsy when you need him? I only have AA 1.5 but I shall have a look.

Dave.

Mickster..... It is in both monitors and headphones. I do get the same noise when recording. I will try to post a sound clip.

ecc83....How do I crank up the sample rate. ( very, very DAW challenged)

I wonder if I should update drivers and software for the Audio Express? Can't hurt I'm guessing?

Thanks for all the help

In your original post it seems as if you were saying you didn't have this problem before but you do now...............correct? Or was it there from the start?

Back