static pops on DP24

Will Rockwell

Newcomer here, I've had my DP24 about a month. Starting yesterday, I am hearing static pops when overdubbing, they do not print but snap like crazy as the track plays. I connected a ground wire to the nearest thing that looked like a ground (a metal window) but it didn't seem to help. I powered down the system overnight and will begin a new song file today, I hope the pops have disappeared.

Newcomer here, I've had my DP24 about a month. Starting yesterday, I am hearing static pops when overdubbing, they do not print but snap like crazy as the track plays. I connected a ground wire to the nearest thing that looked like a ground (a metal window) but it didn't seem to help. I powered down the system overnight and will begin a new song file today, I hope the pops have disappeared.

Is this particular song that's popping one that you created in high quality? That is, in 48kHz rather than 44.1kHz?

Well........a metal window is not likely to be grounded so you may want to search for a better ground source. What about your outlets...........are they grounded? As for the "pops" when adding tracks / overdubbing.......could it be that your headphones are doing the popping /clicking? Maybe it's a cable problem with them? You hear the noises as you record.......put your phones down......and then maybe play back through your monitors and.........well.........the popping noise is gone right? check the simple stuff first I'd say.

Yep, Mickster is right - simple things first. I've had headphone bands make noises I thought was gear until I sussed what it was.

Also, I've read that poor quality SD cards can cause problems, so be sure to check with another card.

I've had some pops also, but determined they came from electrical interference from other gizmos like turning on effects pedals, a dehumidifier kicking on and off, etc.

Thanks for the helpful responses, I'm working to solve this. Yes, I'm recording in 48kHz. I moved the ground, wrapping it around the ground prong of an ac plug. The popping is coming through the speakers, not just the headphones. It always happens when I press play, pops right away, then fewer random pops.

Thanks for the helpful responses, I'm working to solve this. Yes, I'm recording in 48kHz. I moved the ground, wrapping it around the ground prong of an ac plug. The popping is coming through the speakers, not just the headphones. It always happens when I press play, pops right away, then fewer random pops.

Sorry, I was thinking of a different issue. When you said you heard snaps and pops I immediately thought of how, if you record in 48kHz, you have to convert finished .wav files that you move to your computer from the DP-24 back to 44.1kHz or else the whole file is loaded with snaps and pops. You're not talking about finished song files, you're talking about tracks still on the mixer.

If you're not having any luck with this yet, you might want to create a song at 44.1kHz and see if you have the same problem.

I have also heard that it is the sd card.You could try moving everything off the card to your pc,then reformat the card,then move everything bac

Back