Starting from scratch

coachbruck

I have been playing a while but have no experience in recording. Through some research I found what works with the equipment I have for creating covers to post on youtube is running my Taylor 314 ce and my akg d5 for into my marshall as50d. Then I use the line out on the amp into a focusrite 2i2 audio interface audio interface. My weak link in my covers is I use my web cam on my laptop that is low quality. You can check me out on youtube by entering my channel name Nick Bruck into the search engine as I'm too new to this site to allow me to post links, comment or subscribe to it if you like. I play a wide range of music. I also use audacity for mixing the audio. Respond with any tips, tricks or questions. Thanks.

Once you get 10 posts here you can post a link - most people are not going to go searching to find your youtube channel.

Why are you using the Marshall in the recording chain at all?
If you switch to a real DAW (like Reaper) you will find yourself with the ability to do much more with your mixes.
You might want to try mic-ing the Taylor rather than using the direct out from it, too.

Thanks, I like the sound that comes from the amp so just using the line out reproduces that sound and I don't have to alter it. I think it's a simple way to do it.

Back