Stapes Dealer

I know. It's crazy. It's as if this guy doesn't want to sell anything. It took him two months to respond to my request for prices.

They're about 500 bucks a pair.

They've been backed up for one reason or another. Really great guys, though, and I get a feeling their mics are going to be very popular if they get the business side together.

i think the higher quote is more accurate. they have been revamping their line for some time.

do a search for everything the member name "stapes" has said on tapeop. that could get you started.

From Erik of Stapes
The old mics were the ones that were $300 a pair...with the new ones, we upgraded a few components to better quality ones, and ones that are a bit bigger. Their a few protection features added, to keep the transistors from being blown by faulty phantom powering, and improved the DC offset, which was causing some problems with transformer balanced mic pre's. The low end is improved quite a bit, by extending it a bit further, and having a quicker attack in the bass. We also wired the output so that it is pin 2 hot, which was not the case with the earlier mics. The shielding is better on this one, which helps from stray EM and RF interference.

Damn! So this isnt the kind of thing where I can insist on the lower price because they were advertised that way like two years ago?!!!!

Crap!

Oh well $500 for a pair aint bad.

Back