Stand Beside Me : Acoustic Rock

David Katauskas

I think this came out fairly well...for me. If you get a few minutes, please take a listen and supply some pointers. Thanks!

btw - This is also on my soundclick site below.

Other than a little proximity effect from the close mic on the acoustic, not bad at all. I really liked it.
You caught me off guard with the LP vinyl effect on the beginning of the song!

David Katauskas said:
I think this came out fairly well...for me. If you get a few minutes, please take a listen and supply some pointers. Thanks!

btw - This is also on my soundclick site below.

Whoa, this is fun!! I agree on the pxorimity effect (hyper-picking... :) ), and I think the drums kinda have the life compressed out of them a tad, but hell, this tune is a BLAST! Great hook, very catchy! Did a little chair-boogie there... Well done!!

catchy song. the guitar and vocals seem to be in each others positions - vocals are in the back, guitar is up front. i don't like the solo guitar sound, very processed sounding. the ride isn't really holding things together like it should, imo - it feels like big holes are being left between the kick and snare. seems like it needs a steady tick, tick, tick, to tie it together. maybe a tambourine?

catchy song, good rhythm, needs a few tweaks. hope i'm not being over critical.

I agree with Llarion, man, this is great! I probably don't have much input besides what's already been said. Just wanted to let you know I like it!

Thanks folks. Ya know, it's very interesting about some of the comments. Rokket and Llarion commented on the pronounced guitar strumming, and Travis commented on having a tamborine to hold things together.

I originally had the same thoughts...but I wanted to try something different to see if it would hold water...possibly not. The guitar strumming was brought out front to try and take the place of a tamborine (or originally in my thoughts an egg shaker). But, it's interesting that you picked up on that.

Maybe I'll take your comments and revert back to the original idea of keeping the guitars in their place and adding an egg shaker.

Thanks for the listen and the comments !!!!!

Nice tune David...could use a few tweaks as mentioned already, but the basis is there. Guitar should be a bit quieter to let the vocals shine through better...really good job on the vocals. Nice tune man...

David Katauskas said:
Maybe I'll take your comments and revert back to the original idea of keeping the guitars in their place and adding an egg shaker.

Thanks for the listen and the comments !!!!!

YES. This is what would fix it, I'm certain of it...

Ok...song updated:

Egg Shaker : used to tie everything together
Acoustic guitar : cut some highs
Guitar Solo : cut some highs

Please let me know if this is any better...THANKS!!!

Mix is sounding pretty good now, vocals have the presence they need. The lead break seems a bit hot to me but has a smooth tone. Great job on the harmonies - really makes this song rock.... I would toss the vinyl part but then I'm not a fan of that effect...

:D :) :D :)

Sounds better than the first. I personally think an acoustic guitar solo would sound good if played well. The current guitar solo sounds pretty good though.

Good song. :cool:

Back