stand alone analog to digital?

kevinfellows85

Im in desperate need of one more input on my sound card. I have read on the box that I have still got a 2in/2out coaxial.... is there a stand alone box thingy I can purchase to convert a anolog in and send it through there?

thanks

thanks... ive had a look at that ART DI/O... that sounds like a good idea...
ummmm... so do you know of any UK dealers?... cant find a single one :(

kevinfellows85 said:
Im in desperate need of one more input on my sound card. I have read on the box that I have still got a 2in/2out coaxial.... is there a stand alone box thingy I can purchase to convert a anolog in and send it through there?

thanks
That is most likely spdif. If you have anything with a spdif out, like a reverb unit or a stand alone CD burner, that will do it.

One place you can get the ART DI/O is fullcompass.com. I don't know if they ship to England. With the current exchange ratio, the DI/O would be pretty cheap coming from the US.

No.. just got a little 2 channel DI box for my analog ,thats it...
If I need any other work done to my projects I just take them to my collage... only thing is i cant take my drummer in there to get the tracks down.
And now that were off on holiday its the only time ive got to get some tracks laid down.
Ive already got an idea to get one track extra in through my br8,(which only has one optical out).. I’m only a poor student :(

As Deepwater suggested, I haven't heard a standalone A-D D-A convertor anywhere near the M300 in price ($200). And- it's a rudimentary compressor, a pretty good reverb, a de-esser, slapback. It has makeup gain and balanced outs, and it's relatively quiet. Great conversion, like a Lucid? No. Great reverb, like a highend TC unit? No. A great versatile studio box for $200? Yes.-Richie

Back