Stageworks LD3 Condenser Mic.

Trak

Does anyone know anything about this mic, or have any experience with it. I saw it on the Sam Ash website. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Trak said:
Does anyone know anything about this mic, or have any experience with it. I saw it on the Sam Ash website. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bump

Just curious to see if anyone has any experience with this mic.

Found this old post during a search.

Thanks

Malcolm

I own it

I own the LD3, it was the first condenser I got. I figured that I'd write here what I know about it from my experience, because I've noticed there are little to no forum posts/reviews on this microphone from what I've seen. After years of experience with it, and seeing some other microphones, I can say that it's a great microphone for it's price range. It's excellent for vocals and acoustic instruments. I record many acoustic instruments including guitar, violin/viola/cello/bass, and mandolin as well as vocals and this microphone has performed well.

A few things to note:

-The microphone is pretty heavy, so use it on a boom stand with care. Mine's fallen over several times! =(

-Switches to change the polar pattern, from cardioid to omnidirectional. This can come in handy for different recording situations and proved to be useful.

-It comes with a shock mount, which is nice.

-Clear, low noise sound, high quality for the price. I've been very satisfied with this microphone and the sound that I've gotten out of it. It has a good frequency range (the nature of a condenser microphone, though) and transparent sound.

-I've noticed that with vocals, it has a low sensitivity to pops. I've never really needed to use a pop filter with it.

-Keep in mind you need a preamp with phantom power to use this microphone. Sorry for all of those who know this, but when I was first starting out, I didn't and I was unable to use this microphone until I got a preamp.

If you have any questions for me feel free to ask and I'll get back to you. All in all, I think this is a great affordable starter microphone and I would recommend buying it if you're looking for a solid starter condenser.

Back