Stage Snake Sends

MM is correct- thing is, they are just passive cables. With the right adapters on either or both ends, you can do anything you want with them. What they are "for" is really, when you get right down to it, immaterial.

MM is correct- thing is, they are just passive cables. With the right adapters on either or both ends, you can do anything you want with them. What they are "for" is really, when you get right down to it, immaterial.

Except that they are definitely not for speaker level signal.

For Stage snake, are the 1/4" TRS sends meant for running headphone mixes to the players?

In a live situation? .... Yeah you can do that I guess over a 100'.
But they are used for sending the signal from the mixer/processing to the amps/PA generally.

:cool:

I also use them for running line level signals (from amps, keyboards, etc.) back to my interface.

I have an 8 xlr + 4 trs Rapco snake that I use for band recording using the 4 TRS for 4 headphone sends from a headphone amp, works just fine.
In a live situation the 4 TRS are generally used to return monitor and main mixes to the amps and speakers on stage. .

What is the procedure for treating a headphone mix? I mean, should I take the raw stereo signal compress it maybe add some reverb, and then send it to the headphone amp then to the headphones through the snake returns? I would still be recording the raw signals but the headphone mix will sound better for possibly a better performance. I have been contemplating whether or not to buy a nice compressor unit for this purpose or maybe a multieffects processor.

CLong

Back