stack question.

Aquanaut

hi, i'm looking into getting a stack, and i think i'm going with the jcm900. but here is the question, for anyone who owns a stack. do you guys have the 100w or 50w models? and if so...how loud do you have it when you're playing? with a band, or just alone? i'm trying to decide if 50w's will be enough.

thanks>>>michael

Wow........that depends on what you call loud.Usually you want to be able to hear your vocal monitors,so in most cases 50 watts will do.The only stack I have right now is a Carvin X-100B from the '80s....it has switchable wattage (25%,50%,and full). I have used it on 25%,but on a huge stage I may put it on full...by the way,this option to choose wattages is a real plus,because you can get the amp to overdrive at a lower volume.
Good luck!

forget about 100 watt, unless you play with metallica or something. i bought a jcm 2000 100watt and ended up playing with the volume knob at 2-3 . that's NOT good if you want a nice distorted sound.

or you wanna be a rock star with a full blown marshall rig... which you'll probably wont use to full potential anyway (i'm NOT talking about your technique).

greetz guhlenn

If you are playing clubs or basements stick with 50 watts, its more than loud enough. I always use 50's, play fairly clean, and sound guys ALWAYS tell me to turn it down even in large venues.

I just got the JCM 900 SLX 100Watt Head and 4 x 12 Cab and its Well Bloody Loud!

But guess what!

The jcm900 Head Models have an output switch on the back and allow you to run it at either 50Watts or the full 100watts. The 50 watt model can also do this and run at 25Watts!

So if its a Head your thinking of then its up to you if you ever play a bigger venue you know you got some spare in reserve!

Not sure if the combos have this feature!

Hope this helps.

And By loud i mean the walls are shakin on Vol 2! with the gain on max! (in my bedroom i mean)

even the powers soak switch won't help... forget the 100watt you'll be running with the rest of us playing your head with too litlle poweramp saturation...

greetz guhlenn

ps try it out! take a 50 watt head and turn it up max... if the store lets ya...;)

Back