SSD not being recognized

Schwarzenyaeger

Formerly "Dog-In-Door"
I bought a Samsung SSD. My computer recognize that it's connected but can't use it.
Samsung Magician doesn't recognize it either.

What do I do?

New drives need to be initialised.
Is this on mac or PC?

PC - control panel/administrative/computer management/disk management (from memory).
Select the SSD and see what options are there to get it going.

Mac - hit spotlight for disk utility and do the same.
I'm guessing you're on PC because apple has a 'do you want to initialise this disk' pop up.

Yeppers, on a PC you can just type Disk Management on the start menu and it'll come up with either that or "create and format hard disk partitions". Find the new drive in there, create a new partition on it, and format it. Then you should be good to go.

Yeppers, on a PC you can just type Disk Management on the start menu and it'll come up with either that or "create and format hard disk partitions". Find the new drive in there, create a new partition on it, and format it. Then you should be good to go.
Thanks for that. I'm a little out of touch. ;)

Apparently this relates to missing or corrupted files but fear not! Microsoft have a handy automated utility that will fix this....
You know, like the one that'll download wireless card drivers for you? :facepalm:

I'm playing...Check this out.

I read somewhere with older BIOS on Windows, you have to get a driver for the machine to recognize the drive. Not 100% sure, but this could be why you are having some issues. Double check to see if additional drivers are required for your machine.

Back