SR16 for DM5 rack mount swap

I think the DM 5 has more capabilities. You got a controller?
Just got the SR16 and power supply and the manuals. I know the DM5 ran with the kit. Only want the rack module, dont need the controler. I will run the DM5 in my rack. The SR16 sounds great but a crappy little plastic box with terrible display and no backlit, I want rid of it

I think the DM 5 has more capabilities. You got a controller?
I think they have the same samples and facility. Can be used dry or with reverb and some MIDI eq. But no expansion interface. I might try to get an older Roland drum rack to go with my Roland JV1080 synth. I hate stand alone modules. I like Alesis stuff, have a Midiverb 4 and 2 ADATs but this thing I just bugs me. The display is awful

Hmm, I see. Well, the rack unit has a backlit display at least.

I have an sr 16 but haven’t used it....no power supply.
But I had the first grey unit. That was pretty cool.

Hmm, I see. Well, the rack unit has a backlit display at least.

I have an sr 16 but haven’t used it....no power supply.
But I had the first grey unit. That was pretty cool.
Thanks RFR

Changed my mind.... I do that a lot 😆

I think from research I have done, the DM5 rack mount is a bit better sounds and more robust and better build quality than the SR16 as you would expect from a rack mount as opposed to an all in one plastic box.
But playing around with it today, the 16's pads are lovely to work with, very good dynamic response for a little unit and easy to use. So gonna learn it and stick with it. Just wish it was backlit.

Thanks for the advice though mate ☺👍

You’re most welcome for the zero advice I actually gave :D

Now...... gotta find power supply so I can use mine.
Saw one on Ebay for 10 quid or you could just get a cheap aftermarket one with the right polarity and voltage and enough current. It doesnt need to be exactly the same current, just as least as much or more than the SR16 draws. Its a good little unit if it had a light. Dont know why Alesis did not include that, inexpensive addition.

No mate, good help 🥰👍

Back