SR-16 sync to Tempo Map ?

jbal122819

A semi-newbie question........
I found a good working one-man-method for song writing/recording demos.
I set up a Tempo Map on my Tascam 788 Portastudio and sync my Roland TR-707 Rhythm Composer to it via MIDI.
I can then record guitars, vocals etc in sync with the Drums and go back and tweak the Drum Patterns as the Song Develops.
Recently I acquired an Alesis SR-16 Drum Machine and want to try using it the same way but not sure how to do this.........the logic seems different........ anybody out there try working this way ???

You just need to slave its clock to midi. You may or may not be able to adjust anything on the SR like on the 707 (which has a horrible midi clock btw) since it may only run midi sync in song mode

Sr16

This should run inthe same way you're talking...

The SR16 runs on patterns...
I think you've got 99 patterns to work with...
You first need to specify the length of your patterns and string them together into a "song" inside the SR16... The SR16 clock just has a switch that says "internal" or "external" - that's it...

Hope this helps..

When set to 'clock in', the SR 16 should sync fine: it works with my VF160 and AW1600, and it follows the recorder's tempo map.
In fact one advantage of the SR 16 over my earlier Boss DR660 is that it syncs fine in Pattern and Song mode (the DR660 didn't sync reliably in pattern mode).

Orc

Back