Spring Cleaning - lots of stuff

philboyd studge

Have photos, just ask:

FENDER BASSMAN Blackface amp head $600
Made in 1967, the serial # is A 32036. I bought it in Renton, Washington in 1977 and have had no work done on it since. The only change is to a grounded power cord. I don't think I've put more than 100 hours on it since I got it. Some paint damage to front panel at volume and treble knobs on bass input side. Treble knob on normal channel missing silver insert. Chrome pieces vary from excellent to fair. All else is excellent, Everything works.

Vintage JBL E130B 15" full range/guitar speakers (pair). 8 ohms, original factory cones, metal dome of one is slightly dented. These speakers are very, very good and work excellent. $300

Vintage EMILAR EH500-2 Exponential Horn (pair), 2" Throat,
500 Hz - 90º x 40º dispersion. Excellent condition. $200

Vintage ALTEC crossovers N1209-8A 500 Hz Crossovers (pair). 8 ohms
Black case. Excellent condition $225

Vintage ALTEC 808-8B one inch Alnico magnet drivers (pair) excellent condition $250

Vintage ELECTRO-VOICE SRO 15 Bass speaker $40
300 watts 8 ohms, extremely powerful, needs recone.

OVATION Balladeer model 1111-4, made 1971, Vintage early sound. Deep Bowl, A Bracing: Ovation Modified X Scale Length: 25 1/4" Scale, 20 fret ebony fretboard, dot inlay, pinless walnut bridge, rosette, nutwidth: 1 11/16", gold Schaller tuning machines (have originals), original HSC. deep bowl, natural finished solid sitka spruce top, 5-piece mahogany/maple neck, 15-3/4" lower bout, ivoroid-b-w-b-w-b-w-b top purfling, no cracks, Martin thinline pickup removed and new compensated saddle made, frets dressed and professionally set up by Jim Foote of Music Works – Lawndale, Ca, excellent condition, sound, and playability. $325.
1998 OVATION Country Artist 6773 serial # 510284 excellent condition, classic-electric, rounded cutaway, mid-depth bowl, gloss finished solid Sitka spruce top, satin finished 5-piece mahogany / maple neck, slotted headstock, 22-fret ebony fingerboard with side dot markers and maple inlay on 12th fret, walnut bridge, factory Ovation OP-X pickup system, engraved chrome tuners with pearloid buttons, wood marquetry rosette, w-b-w-b top purfling, 15-3/4" lower bout, 25.4" (642mm) scale, 1-7/8" nut width, built in the U.S.A., with black Ovation thermoplastic OHSC $650

1981 DEERING Resonator Banjo, excellent condition, rolled steel rim, mahogany neck and double white-bound resonator, 5 geared tuners, , individual flanges, 22-fret rosewood fingerboard with slotted diamond inlays (current model has dot inlays) , 1-1/4" nut width, 26-1/8" scale, 5 geared tuners, 24 brackets with individidual flanges, railroad spikes installed, new head, OHSC ‘Intermediate’ model – same as today’s ‘Boston’ except for better tuners than the Boston. $700

VINTAGE GUITAR PLAYER MAGAZINE COLLECTION
87 issues all in very good condition $100 for all.
1970 – Aug, Sept, Oct, Dec
1971 – June, Aug, Sept, Dec
1972 – Sept, Nov/Dec
1973 – Jan/Feb, Mar, April, July/Aug
1974 – Oct
1975 – Feb, June, Oct, Nov, Dec
1976 – Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec
1977 - Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec
1978 – Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec
1979 – Jan, Feb, June, July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
1980 – Jan, Feb, May, Aug
1981 – April, May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec
1982 – Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec
1983 - Jan

xstatic said:
What kind of tubes are in the Bassman right now?
Old ones, one 6L6 says RCA and the other doesn't say anything. Since it's on ebay right now I just plugged it in to see how it's doing...running through a Hot Rod Deluxe speaker with a strat. Sure leaves the Deluxe amp in the dust.

xstatic said:
I have a 1967 Blackface and love it to death. I was thinking about buying another one though:D

Just out of curiosity, which channel do you use? I seem to settle on Normal/bright with 5's for tone and let it do its thing.

It all depends on what player, what guitar, what style, what mic and pre I use, and how we all feel that day. That being said, channel 2 with the bright switch on gets used the most often. I also use it with the original fender 2x15 cab, so that probably makes a difference as well:)

also just out of curiosity...I have a late '70's Fender Bandmaster head....It looks alot like the bassman except it has vibrato built in....I havent played with it much lately. Anyone know how it compairs to the bassman???

thajeremy said:
also just out of curiosity...I have a late '70's Fender Bandmaster head....It looks alot like the bassman except it has vibrato built in....I havent played with it much lately. Anyone know how it compairs to the bassman???

Not much in common. 'We' used to consider Bandmasters to be like Super Reverbs and Showmans like Twin Reverbs...of course there's a lot more to it than that. Old Bassmans were bass amps till it was figured out that they were great guitar amps too...a little fatter and more tube-y at a lower volume.

Back