spray adhesive

ollie99

Hi, I'm investigating ways to put up acoustic foam. I am only 16 however and am living with my parents of course so I can't do anything which will damage the walls. So I was researching and spray adhesive such as this one seems like a possible solution but I need to know a few things which I can't find clear answers for.
Will it leave a mark on the white walls?
How easy is it to unglue?
and is it possible that it might ruin the back of the acoustic foam panels?

Thanks

Yes it will leave a mark. Not easy to un-glue in any way. Yes, the foam will be screwed up when you remove them.

What foam are you talking about? You can just pin them up with small nails. Much easier to repair the wall and keep the foam intact.

On another note, what makes you think foam is ideal?

Yes it will leave a mark. Not easy to un-glue in any way. Yes, the foam will be screwed up when you remove them.

What foam are you talking about? You can just pin them up with small nails. Much easier to repair the wall and keep the foam intact.

On another note, what makes you think foam is ideal?

ah okay thanks.

It is these tiles and these bass traps.
I'm not sure how I could put them up with nails though - would just putting a nail through the middle be too simple?

Well I don't think foam is the best but they are quite cheap and a lot easier to get as opposed to making panels myself. The reviews on amazon are all positive as well and even if they aren't the best form of treatment they seem to make a good difference still.

I have some of both that someone gave me. They are tacked up with finish nails to ceiling and ceiling corners. They are still there 3 years later, after I built rockwool bass traps. Just never got around to taking them down. lol

oh right, so how do you think I should nail them then? do I need a nail gun? If that is a stupid question I apologise.

No, no nail gun.
Use drill and screws.
When you want to take them of, plaster the holes and apply a bit paint over it.

5010445071058_001c_v001_ap.jpg

Back