splitting the multitrack to insert afterthoughts?

superspit

idiots unite!
Hey peeps, hope ur all rockin well!

As most here would know by now, I'm an avid user of the AA1.5 platform, but I've struck a situation that in all my years I've never encountered!
Allow me to explain as best I can....

I have a cool little 3 minute toon all recorded, consisting of about >15 separate trax.
I want to create a huge break in the center of the multi-track screen to put my silly afterthoughts in....(I guess u know where I'm heading with this!!)
A controlled break somewhere in the center of the song where all my trax can be moved forward at the same time, but in their respective time frame (obviously!)...shift them all forward a few beats (doesn't really matter how far ahead at this stage) and away from the other section, hopefully creating the space I need to put my afterthoughts into...I would then re-synch everything back up...(easily done).

Anyone here know of such a function?..hmmmm....

I've thought about mixing everything I have down to 2 tracks, then splicing, but I don't like doing this...I prefer everything to stay separate and constantly feeding the separate inputs of my desk for as long as possible. (yes, I'm Hybrid)....then when I'm happy do a mixdown.

Thanx for reading people!!..and fuckenrock-on!!:)

I managed to insert a chorus after an instrumental break on a song, by diligently cutting and pasting individual tracks (21 in all!) but there was no button I pushed. I did it track by tedious track.

It made me think that AA needs a function that identifies the beginning of each verse, chorus, break.....

Oh yeah, and what key it's in, while we're dreaming.

@superspit
It's easy to group all your tracks in session, then split them all together by justa one single click. Then you can move second group to the right.
You can always ungroup them, lock in time etc.
Use "Snapping to frames" option to be sure you'll be able to make a perfect split. This doesn't have to be a tedious process.
I guess 5-6 secounds is enough.

@ipdeluxe
There are markers in AA which helps you determine the beggining of chorus or whatever you want to mark.
Every time you rewind your song the cursor will jump to the next marker on time line.

grouping hey?.......I've used it for 2 or 3 trax before.....never on this many...
I'll give it a shot..
oh!...and thankyou.

Back