splitting a stereo wav

I don't believe you can just unlink stereo files, but if you are interested in being able to make adjustments to the L/R tracks independent of eachother, just hold down the "Alt" key on your keyboard while making your adjustments. You'll then be able to adjust either the L or the R without effecting the other. You can find this tidbit on page 244 of the manual...check it out! Hope that helps.

I don't know if this will help but...you could pan your stereo tracks hard left and record one track, and pan hard right and record the second track. Depends on how much separation the original stereo tracks have relative to how much you want on the copies. Or just record straight left to left and right to right. I probably shouldn't have bothered to reply since I don't know anything about Cubase or what you're trying to do. Me and my big mouth. Sorry.

[This message has been edited by monty (edited 02-22-2000).]

No no all your help is great! I just want to be able to add different effects to each side, I guess I'll tell you what I did. I recorded someone playing congas at the same time as someone else sang. I panned them hard left and the other hard right so I can fool around with the volumes just fine its just that I want them to seperate tracks so I can EQ differenty etc.

Thanks for your help though!

Adam.

What you have to do is dubble the track (copy it to a different channel) and go in and reduce the volume of the Left or right side then do the other side on the other track and WAMMO split signals, ready for different effects

I have never thought of that! So Simple! Thanks a lot! I'll give that a try I don't see why that wouldn't work. I'm using Cubase VST 3.7.

Thanks for your help.

Adam.

Back