speed it up

mr. produca

probably a dumb question. how do you get the so called(chipmunk sound) that ya hear on some of kanyes songs? when i was a kid we used to like speeding up tape to hear it.how is it done in studios? :o

I'm not too sure what you are using, but in pro tools you select your audio you want edited and than go to audio suite and select time compression expansion, and to get that effect you can change the tempo to what ever you desire. or if you just want to change the pitch without speeding up the track go to pitch shift (or Ultra Shift) and change it through there.

That process might aply to other programs, but i'm not too sure.

Good Luck with it.

bcains said:
I'm not too sure what you are using, but in pro tools you select your audio you want edited and than go to audio suite and select time compression expansion, and to get that effect you can change the tempo to what ever you desire. or if you just want to change the pitch without speeding up the track go to pitch shift (or Ultra Shift) and change it through there.

That process might aply to other programs, but i'm not too sure.

Good Luck with it.
In most programs, there is a pitch shifting plugin. The one in Vegas 5.0 will shift it up an octave at least.

Back