Specifically using 2 B1's for stereo recording

CanopuS

Amateur music since 1847
I have a single B1 which I like, but I'm dying for a stereo acoustic sound, and I obviously need more than one mic to get a nicer piano sound. I'd like to hear from anyone who uses B1's in stereo configurations. I have done an extensive search across the BBS but while the B1 is mentioned the whole time, it's not often as a pair.

Does it make sense to buy a second B1?

Cheers

It makes perfect sense to me to have a pair of SP B1's... I've had a pair for a little over two years. I've used them to do drum overheads, and I've used them to do X-Y stereo mic'ing of a 10 piece (!) band, with great results. When you have a pair, you won't know what you did without them IMHO.

I've used a pair for Madrigals with very good success. Do you know about the colored dot thing? The box yours came in it had a colored dot sticker on it. When you order the second one, specify the same color if you can. It won't make them a matched pair, but it will match up broad categories of performance. Consider it as "slightly matched". Yeah, go for it. -Richie

Thanks guys, sounds like the obvious thing to do then. Does anyone have experience with them stereo recording an acoustic? Would love to know about it! Thanks

Back