speakers for a fender twin

aaronmcoleman

The truth is out there!
Hey, I've got a fender twin (the pro series 100w with two channels)...I've also got a 65 RI that I like a lot better. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for new speakers for the pro series that would make it sound more like the original twins?

Thanks!

I would give a shout out to Weber if I was going to replace the speakers in my twin.

THey will give you a great speaker, plus good honest advice on choosing the right one for you.

Last edited:
JBL, Utah, maybe alnico Tone Tubby hemp speakers.

A lot of the jamband guys playing those clean tones are using Hard Trucker cabs with Tone Tubbys. You might try and find some Two Rock OEM speakers too.

Bring lots of money!

JBL, Utah, maybe alnico Tone Tubby hemp speakers.

A lot of the jamband guys playing those clean tones are using Hard Trucker cabs with Tone Tubbys. You might try and find some Two Rock OEM speakers too.

Bring lots of money!

cool, thanks. I actually bought a '72 twin with brand new tubes, tech gone through and replaced filter caps, and (for some odd reason) vintage 30's...all brand new. sounds awesome. The V30s sound way better than the stock Utahs that also came with the amp. Basically with the new tubes, and new speakers I ended up spending about the same as those things cost for the whole amp! Plus I sold my old amps...came out about $1200 ahead...going toward another jazzmaster!

Those old Twins are monsters. I have a 73-74 I bought about 1980 for $300.

It needs caps and a new output transformer and power and pre tubes.:(

Someday I'm gonna restore it to it's former glory and blast it just long enough to not have cops on my porch. ;)

Those old Twins are monsters. I have a 73-74 I bought about 1980 for $300.

It needs caps and a new output transformer and power and pre tubes.:(

Someday I'm gonna restore it to it's former glory and blast it just long enough to not have cops on my porch. ;)

Bummer. I made sure I found one that had already been gone through because I figured it could cost another $500+ for tubes, speakers, renovation. etc

My Twin came with D-120's

..but I pulled them and put in a D130 cause it was too damn heavy
sounded a little warmer too which was fine.

Back