speaker A/B switches

1manband

ok, anyone reading close can see where i have gone so far and where ive been, my newest question in the long long list is this; I have a samson power amp for pushing my monitors, it has both 1/4 and regular speaker wire outputs, I want to know how i can use both outputs? one for the mons which use regular speaker wire, and the 1/4's for a set of 2 way P.A. speakers for a "second opinion" set of speakers. (and other P.A. functions. i have seen A/B swithches in the store but dont know if it is what i need. Any takers?

Talk to the Radioshack guy! I would think just a simple A/B switch should work. Or get a reciever with speaker selections. Good luck!

RadShack doesn't have their old high-powered (if you consider 100 watts "high power") unit anymore - Only a nasty little 25 WRMS 3-way box with crappy switches.

Get something that can handle at LEAST twice your wattage. And, WATCH YOUR IMPEDANCE - most decent boxes will have different wiring options (1&2 is series, but 1&3 is parallel, etc.) so you won't blow your amp if both sets are on at the same time.

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Back