Spanish Succession

prestomation

Hey everybody,

This is actually an old song me and my band did last fall, but I was just listening to it again today. I think it's one of the better productions I've done. My favorite is the acoustic guitar. What do you think of it? It's a carlo-robelli, samash freebie(a buy over $300, get the guitar free deals). It was miced with a 57 and a Behringer SDC into a behringer board, and I think it sounds sweet.
Overall the song(especially the drums) is a little over compressed, but it's got alot of energy.
It's an instrumental just to prepare you.
What do you think?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=265822
(The song is spanish succession)

Hey!!! Your guitar sounds like Weird AL!!! HAHA!

This is beautiful, man. The acoustic sounds awesome in the intro. And then kicks in. It's very cool. I'm not crazy anout the drum sound or part (but I'm a drummer, so I'm never even hapy with MY drumming). Nice guitar sounds. I'd love to hear some vox on this. Good stuff.

Damn, I posted while listening and pressed SEND beofre hearing the lead....The lead is awesome, man....very heavy and collosal sound. I love this song.

hahaa, funny funny, :p

The drum part was written by an old drummer i had years ago, who couldn't play the drums much less write for drums. For some odd reason my current drummer who recorded this didn't want to change it.

Hahahaha... not to the song, but the sex life comment...

So the song, love that part at 1:51 were things start picking up, veeerry intense and cool. It keeps building up throughout the song too with the lead electric coming in later on, awesome song! The little screech around 3:25 kind of hurts the ears when played really loud. But anyway, I personally am a big fan of the instrumental so I don't mind the lack of voc. If I had any recommendations I think it'd be kind of cool to add something like the intro at the end of the song too.

Back