Spam from Dave

Dave Baker

Hey:

Thank you guys for sending your music for me to play on www.worldtalkradio.com. Your friend Waldo was on the show today...and Courtney Love has been invited to be a guest on an upcoming show. She's pretty outspoken on the topic of independent music. Hey, Steely Dan's producer Gary Katz showed, so you never know. If you want to hear your song on my show, send it to dbaker@worldtalkradio.com. Spam message over.

thanks skids, but it wouldn't play.. it said "Windows media player cannot identify the specified file"

nothing is ever simple for sam.. :D

I have had similar problems. Try starting on the first segment then fast forward (slide the slider) to Segment 2, then fast forward to segment 3.

Well, lookee there - someone done and posted only low bitrate files for my show. I'll get them re-encoded and you'll be able to listen without any painful hanging weights, messy creams, etc. (trying to keep the spam theme going here)...

Hi Dave. I caught your play of my song yesterday - Stupid Song. You intro'd it great. You even played part of it again as you closed the show. That was cool.

There was a crazy flangy and muffled sound to it. Did it come to you that way? I checked the MP3 right before I sent it and it sounded fine. Did it sound ok to you in the studio?

Just curious.

Triple M:

That flanging sound is the low "talk radio" bitrate encoding. I'm having the production director re-encode the show with multiple bitrates. If you have a high speed Internet connection, your player will select the higher quality bitrate. Thanks for sending the song. "Repeating lines is really dumb, yeah repeating lines is really dumb." We were cracking up in the control room. That's one funny song!

DAVE ! :) ,

You oficially qualify as an MP3 Clinic board room member because WE ARE HELPING YOU MIX YOUR SHOW ... !!!

Brutha welcome to the board !!!

Now ... about that cream that you put on the weights and hang on your naked ...

Dave, I am glad to see you did'nt let the assholes scare you off.
I think you will find that the majority of people here appreciate
what you are doing.
I have often thought that this board would be a lot cooler if
some of the forums had weekly siminars in streaming video.

sheppard

SHEPPARDB. said:

I have often thought that this board would be a lot cooler if
some of the forums had weekly siminars in streaming video.

sheppard
Man, I for one do NOT wanna' see any of you people on video- it's painful enough just listening to you.

BTW - I thought the spot with Waldo was cool. He actually sounds pretty intelligent and lucid on air ... which is obviously some kind of weird distortive effect of the medium...you know, like the camera adding 20lbs; internet radio must add IQ points, b/c he really sounded smart, and we all know that's just not the case. I've already used this GREAT material on Waldo...he didn't think it was funny either.

And, just in case it's not clear...pretend there are a bunch of smileys 'n stuff in this post.

Track Rat said:
Good idea Shep.
Who here can make it happen?Man, it would be so cool
to watch someone like Harvey demonstrate mic placement
techniques.Reading a thread about micing up a drum kit is one
thing,watching someone actually do it is another.
I think the idea has great potential,unfortunately I dont have
the computer savy to make it happen.

We have a lame-o webcam in the studio for the live feeds and we'll soon be equipped to have visuals show up in the media player window on both live and archived shows that want to use them. Full motion video is also possible, now the trick would be getting Harvey to San Diego...

chrisharris said:
Man, I for one do NOT wanna' see any of you people on video- it's painful enough just listening to you.

Man......I wish you would stop diss-in' me in public.....sheesh... :(

:D<-------------------notice the smilie

Checking this out right now, go! Waldo go!

chrisharris said:

I capped a take once with my webcam if ya wanna see it.

Hey Chris, you got plugged.

TripleM, that's classic man,
"ya, erpeating lines is really dumb"
"fill it up with a couple a yas" (and then alll the ya ya yas at the end)

lol...

"no no no, ya ya ya"

..lol....

shit, he played it twice, I'm almost in tears...

edit: where's my manners, nice call Dave!

I'd love to go head to head with Courtney... I've talked with some fantastic artists about their views on the independent scene, and it's always great to hear new ideas and thoughts.

Was fun Dave, other than me being caught off gaurd (first missing the call, then calling back, almost blowing the intro 'hello' because I had a mouth full of water, and then stumbling to think of artist names...)

We'll have to do something again sometime, was nice to get 'on the air' once again.

Oh, and Chris, I only mentioned you because I had your cheque in front of me! (j/k of course)

W.

Back