sp200 or p80

t_chance

I would like to get you folk's opinion on which one to get. I've got a KB300 and really want a good portable piano sound. I'm not a "player" but would like to have something in my studio that a real player would be comfortable with.

Here's my 2 pentz.

Korg makes a pretty okay unit - but the keybed is plasticky and klunky. Reminds me too much of the Studiologic/Fatar keybeds (the more I play them, the more retarded I feel)

Piano sounds okay. Acceptable for someone who purchased one and didn't know any better.

Yamaha - well, in my humblest of opinions, I think they have the market on graded hammer action keybeds. Feels pretty darn good. Sounds? Also superb. Appears on several records, and leaves a good taste in many people's ears.

Perhaps you could try playing both of these units to see what would work out best for you?

If you're buying it to please someone else (clients and what not) it's going to be like underwear. Some people are boxer kinda guys, others are brief kinda guys. Boxer/Briefs are also good, but if they're coming to wear YOUR underwear, because they don't have their own, they just have to like it regardless.

my 2 pentz and worth almost that.

-muzakal

I tend to be a "bronco" type myself. Is one more prone to road-worthy? And what's the deal with the graded hammer action? Hoo-yah or what?

Back