Sounds good when i record it but in iTunes the BASS is high as fuck, what to do?

MkII

I don't know if the title explains all.

Anyway.
I've recorded a tune in garageband, it sounds nice but when i export it from garageband i sounded weird, missed tunes here and there.

Problem solved: by "soundflowerbed" --> play the song in garageband and record it in audacity! results is good. everything sounds fair but after i export it and play it in iTunes the bass is so loud that it only generate "crack sounds" like when u play more bass then ur speakers normally could handle. Every other songs i've not recorded myself sounds really nice i iTunes.

Any ideas of why i have bass/low freq sounds problem in "only" iTunes with my own songs ?

Using a Yamaha MM6 as a midi synth if it matters
// Jesper

Erm. Do you have the iTunes EQ set to "bass booster?"

Command+Shift+2 should bring up the Equalizer for iTunes, or go to View -> Show Equalizer. If that's anything but flat, I found out what your problem is.

it was on rock. it sounds better with flat but still some "crackling" sound.

When i play this song with my regular speakers the low freq is pretty much higher still. the room vibrates a bit in comparison to a power metal tune etc. but it's acceptable.

thanks a lot!

Back