Soundproofing question

Mike B

Hi guys,

I've recently been experimenting with omni miking, and have come to the conclusion that I must soundproof my room.

Some major, and drawn out (3 years) road construction has begun, and a lot of trees that used to block traffic noise have been cut down. It's getting ridiculous!

Moving is out of the question.

My room (approximately 11" by 11" is covered with old pine paneling, and I'd rather not cover it up. I have one window. There is some insulation over the room in the attic, but it's probably not the right kind, or enough. It appears to be shredded, blown in stuff, but I'm not sure.

I'll do a search to find any relevant discussions, but any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

MD

Mike, Modern Drummer has been doing a monthly series on soundproofing a room (for drummer of course) and it started in the issue with Stewart Copeland on the cover. (November)
The diagramming and stuff actually started with the December issue (slipknot drummer on the cover) if you can get your hands on that as well as the latest issue with Incubus' drummer on the cover.

Also, I would be remiss if I didn't not mention this "bible" at
http://www.saecollege.de/reference_material/index.html

Everything you'd ever need to know about the pre-soundproofing process is in there.

happy hammering!

nP

Back