soundforge - a couple of q's for you :)

protech

Hi guys,

Couple of q's for you :)

1: What is the best way to use sound forge 7 to level a selection of tracks so they are all equal in volume - ready for compling to a CD?

1: What is the best way to use sound forge 7 to detect and hopefully fix any glitches in a track? By that I mean I have a track with a couple of very small, but noticeable points where the track distorts. These glitches are only about 10ms in length but they are noticeable. I have tried the glitch detect in sound forge, but
that seems to pick up actual errors and not the clicks a can hear.
In older apps I used to be able to zoom in and manually fix such glitches (mainly by fading in and out v v v quckily so the glitch
was inaudiable....but sound forge seems to make i hard to isolate the glitches. Any ideas?

If not is there a plugin that can do the job?

Many thanks

Protech

protech said:
1: What is the best way to use sound forge 7 to level a selection of tracks so they are all equal in volume - ready for compling to a CD?
Your ears.........

protech said:
1: What is the best way to use sound forge 7 to detect and hopefully fix any glitches in a track?
Your ears.......

protech said:
By that I mean I have a track with a couple of very small, but noticeable points where the track distorts. These glitches are only about 10ms in length but they are noticeable.
Then you should remix it.... you can't correct digital clipping once it occurs.........

well... you *could* take each song that's done and run it thru the wavehammer smooth compression setting... and that would make them all about equal. but your ears are best.

as far as glitches go... yeah your ears. otherwise be more specific about glitches.

and if it's distorted. I'd say either bring the volume down (in that short space), attempt to smooth (smooth/enhance) it out... use a little EQ and don't ever let it go like that again. rerecord it if it's clipping. how about overdubbing?

this is only if you can't redo it properly.

Back