soundelux u195 vs AT4047

mr. produca

people is this a total blowout? i read somewhere that they are kinda similar
i have yet to read a negative review about the soundelux!!!!!! :eek: :eek:
God must have looked at the studio world, frown and say LET THERE BE SOUNDELUX!!!!!!!!
YOUR INPUT PLEASE

It is indeed a very good vocal mic. I never use anything else for main vocals EXCEPT for the occasional singer that it just is too sibilant on, then I try the 441 instead.

Its a steal for the price, although I think they have gone up some.

Unfortunately, mine is starting to look more and more like a new refrigerator or a driveway. Must... resist.... selling.... Must... resist....

thanks tubedude.i was thinking of the cheaper chinese LDCs but ill try to save up and try the soundelux, this is good news to me because i would have easily blown 4 gs on a mic(if i saved enough) :D to sound pro!!!

mr. produca said:
thanks tubedude.i was thinking of the cheaper chinese LDCs but ill try to save up and try the soundelux, this is good news to me because i would have easily blown 4 gs on a mic(if i saved enough) :D to sound pro!!!

I seriously think you would do better with a U195 and a Distressor than with just a 4g mic by itself.

no way no way

i was dreaming earlier, :rolleyes: i could never ever ever ever blow so much money on a mic.ONE MIC!!!! not at this stage. my friends would probably say WOW he really doesnt have a brain. i just couldnt live with myself. i would have to be buried with it.

See if you can find a used Soundelux U97, less expensive than the U195, and you get 4 patterns (omni, cardiod, hyper-cardiod, and omni) It's discontinued, but they pop up on eBay every now and then. It's pretty much my only vocal mic now.

I'll just wanted to join the U195 praise chorus. This mic sounds good, not just on every voice, but on nearly every source. I've recorded at least 5 vocalists with it so far, and the worst thing I've gotten was a little sibilance that was easily fixed with my Spitfish de-esser plug-in. Other than that, it sounded better, by far, than any results I was getting with my ADK TC or BLUE Baby Bottle.

The extra money was worth it.

I've recorded multiple singers on mine and they have all sounded great.

I also used it for a room mic for drums once. Just by itself it has a GREAT drum sound. BY ITSELF! None of the other mics. It's a pretty amazing mic. Get one if you can afford it.

Back