Soundelux mics?

Prism

I've discovered yet another suspiciously inexpensive line of mics by a company called Soundelux. They have one particular model that resembles a Shure KSM32/44, however it sells for an even more suspiciously low price of $99 on average. Does anyone know about this strange line of microphones? In any case, they're kinda cool-looking...dunno about the sound, though!

Isaiah

Isaiah,
Do a search on my user id, I posted a lengthy review a few weeks ago of their U97. This is their low price (I got mine for just under 600 USD) 4-pattern LD condenser. I like it alot! In the newsgroup rec.audio.pro, it's been compared favorably to the AGK 414 (which I've never used, so take that statement with a very tiny grain of salt).
I'm a little skeptical of that $99 figure you mentioned. The U97 is the second least expensive model, with the R1 (just cardiod FET LD condener) coming in a tad cheaper than the U97...
The more expensive ones have gotten rave reviews from a lot of pro engineers.

Disclaimer from my other post - the U97 has been discontinued, but either Soundelux or another dealer (I used http://www.proaudiodesign.com) might be able to track one down for you. Pro Audio Design actually had mine (which happened to be serial #28!) dropped shipped from a Boston area Guitar Center.

Good luck!

-Evan

Oooooops!

Man, I feel stupid...
The mic I was looking at is actually made by a company by the name of "Superlux"... somehow I confused the two names... now I might as well start a new thread, huh!

Isaiah

Back