Soundelux E47

Jack Hammer

I just got a Soundelux E47. It is quite nice. I have had very little time for recording as of the past two or three weeks thogh I did get to do one vocal track over. The original track was recorded on a Rode NT1 through a dbx 376 tube channel strip.

The new vocal was recorded on the Soundelux through a Universal Audio 2-610 pre-amp.

I must say, the sound difference was startling. The amount of detail and the smoothness of the dynamic range were incredible.

For the second vocal, by the way, I did add an RNC in the signal chain. I plan to add an 1176LN however, I am currently producing a jazz record that cannot be done in my midi studio and thus I need the additional funds for the production.

Once the jazz recording is completed and the masters are licensed, I will be able to add the 1176.

By the way, I have been wondering about whether or not I might be better of with an Empircal Labs Distressor or one of the Purple Audio 1176 clones.

I will be recording a tenor sax player within the coming weeks. I will post some of that. I will try and post a before and after of the song in question this weekend.

Jack - The E47 is a very cool mic. I own a Soundelux ELUX 251 that is also a great mic. It seem's like less and less people are looking to Neumann to provide them with their high quality mics, and more and more people are looking to Soundelux, Brauner, and BLUE.

Back