Soundcratf Spirit Folio SX

11miles

Can anybody help me out explainig something to me:

http://www.soundcraft.com/product_sheet.asp?product_id=25

This is the mixer i am looking at and want to realize jsut how many different aux sends can i run out of it?

* 20 inputs as standard
* 18 outputs including aux and direct outputs
* 12 mono channels with high quality UltraMic� pre-amps
* 4 stereo inputs
* 4-bus architecture, with sub-group routable to mix
* Direct outputs can be switched globally pre- or post-fade
* Inserts on all mono channels
* 3-bands 'British' EQ with swept mid-band
* Stereo 18dB/octave 100Hz high-pass filter to cut stage rumble
* +48V phantom power
* Channel On switch for mute control
* Two sub-group outputs
* Separate mono sum output
* Impedance balanced outputs
* Rugged aluminium chassis with integral carry handle
* Excellent protection against RF emissions

i would just liek to understand what exactly does that mean! What i have colored red!
I mean i can see 3 pairs of faders, but is says 2 sub-groups, are they stero?

HElp

It's two mono subgroups, or one stereo subgroup depending on how you use it.

> "I mean i can see 3 pairs of faders, but is says 2 sub-groups, are they stero?"
The blue faders are for the two stereo channels avaliable, the red ones are the subgoup(s) and the yellow the master.

I own that mixer, it's decent but not great.
The power supply on mine broke down after about a year.

Oh, and there's three sends total. One is fixed at pre-fader, one is switchable and the third is post-fader.

Oh great! A user of one!

Actually i am looking for a desk that woudl for time serve my band as a monitorign desk at live desk! Offcourse i dont mean THE montironing Desk, but it seems that if i want to have it really good, that costs a lot of money!

Well i started a post about monitorign and IEm systems here and i got great responses!

Anyway, i thought till we are not someone and coudl afford optimal, good and pricey monitorign systems, to at least have a bulletproof thing for us to hear the vital things on stage!

We use click, e have a lot of things connected and dependant on it, and it is vital, that we all have access to it. As it is not an option to hear it in the wedges, the best option is to use IEm or at least wired phones for keyboards and drums!

Now what i want to know is if we think of this soundcraft as a montiorign desk, how mayn separated mix signals can i take out of it?

I am interesetd because i may get ti cheap!
Tell me more about the direct outs!

Because we use a lot of matrix/loops that are prerecorded on a 4 channel minidisc, it is vital for us to hear it also!
Can i use the direct out's as pre-fader, so i dont have to worry about being it affected with pre-amp gain, eq....?

thanks in advance!

The direct outs are pre and post fader selectable.

Download the manual from the soundcraft site (if you haven't already) and give it a good read. It will probably do what you need it to do. I also have this board. I'm not sure exactly what your trying to do, how many people in the group, how many sources, are you try to get individual mixes for each member? elaborate a little and I'll see if I can help.

Oh i a sorry i was a little boring with the info about what i am trying to do!

I have a 5 member setup!
BEcausse for now we cant afford a goor and proper mixing board i am trying to figure out the best and easiest way to give each of use the click track and loop!

From the desk to the behringer headphone 8 pre-amp we already have!
BEcause i woudl liek to have a versatile desk i would liek it to have more the 2 sends! Then i thought since i will not use main outs, can i also use them?

BAsicly i just want to be sure, how many different mixes can i make with this desk!

Thanks

Back