SoundCraft Spirit studio console help!!!!

wp001

hey the manual for this thing blows. what are my out puts for my moniter freeds. not my mains. the out puts for my moniter faders. it says its FB1 and 2 but the moniter faders have no effect on the volume.

Sorry, but there's nothing wrong with the manual. Like a lot of other user guides, it helps to have adequate knowledge when you start reading it.............I've been there and dealt with it. If you are having problems with the S/craft manual, God help you if you ever try and follow something from Fostex or some other Asian companies :eek: .

OK, on to the "outs", as shown in the manual..............the monitors should be connected to the "Control Room" outs, the volume is initially controlled by the Master fader and the rotary "C/RM & PHONES" pot allows you to make further adjustments without altering the main mix volume. BTW, connecting h/phones to the "Phones" socket cuts the signal to the "Control Room" outs.

FB 1 & 2 outs are to feed signal to headphone amps, etc.

"Mix" outs are connected to either a 2 trk mixdown recorder or a computer.

Hope that helps.

:cool:

ausrock said:
Sorry, but there's nothing wrong with the manual. Like a lot of other user guides, it helps to have adequate knowledge when you start reading it.............I've been there and dealt with it. If you are having problems with the S/craft manual, God help you if you ever try and follow something from Fostex or some other Asian companies :eek: .

OK, on to the "outs", as shown in the manual..............the monitors should be connected to the "Control Room" outs, the volume is initially controlled by the Master fader and the rotary "C/RM & PHONES" pot allows you to make further adjustments without altering the main mix volume. BTW, connecting h/phones to the "Phones" socket cuts the signal to the "Control Room" outs.

FB 1 & 2 outs are to feed signal to headphone amps, etc.

"Mix" outs are connected to either a 2 trk mixdown recorder or a computer.

Hope that helps.

no i understanded that from the manuel. but when i go thro c/room outs the moniter faders on the console arent controling the volume, i want to be able to have two diffrent outs one is main controled by the long thro faders and then a moniter mix controled by the mntr turn faders.

I presume you are turning the appropriate switches on to activate the monitor section because if not, it ain't going to work.

ausrock said:
I presume you are turning the appropriate switches on to activate the monitor section because if not, it ain't going to work.

no i have my my moniter selection set onto "on" and they are doin nothing.

Back