SoundCraft Spirit M and E Series Mixers

amonte

Can anyone comment on the sound quality of these? How would they compare to something along the lines of the DMP3? Or possibly even an RNP or other preamp a bit higher on the quality scale? I guess I'm just trying to determine where they rank in terms of preamps, and if it would be worth getting a mixer with 4 or 6 pres instead of seperate preamps.

I'd get one, and try it out. I have a Spirit Folio F1 which sounds really nice so far.

Once you have 8 channels of good sound, start building a "gold" channel or two, with some top of the line stuff.

But the DMP3 and the Soundcraft Pre's are in the same league, from what I've gathered.

I have both a Soundcraft M4 board and a Dmp3. The Dmp3 has more clarity and depth but can sound harsh at times. The soundcraft pres are nice and impart a slight bit of warmth on the signal but lack the overall clarity of the Dmp3. That being said, I love my soundcraft board so far! Good luck.

Interesting replies, thanks for the help guys.

I'm on the fence at the moment...I've got a Mackie 1204 right now, so that's all I have to base pres on, but from what I've heard they leave a lot to be desired. It does fine for now, but I guess you don't know what you're missing until you hear it for yourself. The Soundcraft M and E series mixers seem to be very cost effective for what you get.

I have an M8. It's definitely a quality board for the dough, pretty quiet and the pres and eq are pretty musical sounding opposed to older mackie budget boards that have a brittle-ish sound...imo.

-Jake

Back