soundcraft pres... what's the difference?

saxman72

ok, another damn thread about pres on a board...

my question is this:

what's the difference between the 'ProMic' pres on the Ghost and M-series and the 'UltraMic' pres on most of their other stuff?

Anyone know? I know the Ghost pres are supposed to be really good, but then I saw that they use the 'UltraMic' pres on some of their more expensive live boards too.

I'm thinking about getting the LX7 (24) for my recording set-up (which has the "UltraMic" pres). Anyone think I should get the Mackie SR24.4 instead? The Allen & Heath GL2200 424 is a bit out of my range but I might bite the bullet if the sound is going to be noticably better. Just so you know ahead of time, I need more than 16 inputs (+returns and stuff), and I don't have room for anything bigger than the Allen & Heath.

Thanks people!

THere is a thread just a few days old that answers this pretty fully. Look back a few days or do a search, I would tell you the answer if I rermembered exactly, I don't mean to be a jerk.
--MIKE

Hey Mike,

I have found several threads that touch on my question, but I haven't found one that answers it. Believe me, I use the search all the time. If you or someone else knows where I can find that tread, please direct me to it.

I know Camus uses the LX7. Anyone else have any experience with one?

Thanks

Back