Soundcraft 760 probs

tapeboy

The remote freezes when the machine has been running a while and once it starts it keeps on freezing. I can press re-set and zero the display but this is annoying as I have to guess where I am all the time. Sometimes it completely freaks and just keeps on winding back, I can only stop this by pressing fast forward or play to trick it to stop!

I've had the remote checked and I 'think' it's ok. I'm beginning to think it's the machine as even when I jump over to use the machine's buttons it often doesn't help. I did a session last week and by day 2 the machine was getting lazy. Not even wanting to play. I turned it off for 10 minutes and just made it through the session.

I read in the manual that one has to adjust the spool- holders to the tapes one is using, could it be as simple as that, just heightening the spools or something?! One of my weird theories is that it might be a weird thing where the tape is sticking and confusing things. I'm lost!!!

As usual, ANY advice would be most welcomed.

thanks I did!

I did and he's usually really helpful. But I think he's too busy at the moment to reply and I really need help now!
Thanks again.

Back