Soundcraft 200B!

I bought a used 8-channel 200B last night! For $200 (USD) it seemed like a sweet deal. So far every channel works well and sounds good but I haven't yet checked phantom power.

But, it's missing 2 knobs. Are these easy to find?

Also, 2 of the XLR mic inputs are missing the little flangy thing you press to disconnect a cable. I'll have to use a small screwdriver to release cables so I guess I won't plug condensors in them. Is this an easy fix? Should I attempt it myself assuming I can find the parts?

Ahem.

I realize ya'll are really busy in the cave discussing really impotant things, so if you'll just send me some knobs and flangy thingies I'll just be on my way. mkay?

:D

You probably can't get replacement metal tabs for the XLR connectors, but you could either replace the jack or remove the latch entirely (though I'm not quite sure how to remove such a latch). The latches aren't strictly required for proper operation, and a lot of mixers don't have latches precisely because they break so easily. Neither my Peavey nor Mackie mixers have latch tabs on their jacks.

As for knobs, you should be able to find rotary pot knobs at Radio Shack. They probably won't match, but they're cheap and ubiquitous. :) If you mean a knob for a slide pot, that's probably a little harder. They might have them at the Rat Shack as well, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the replies.

After printing out the 200B manual and finding some minor differences between it and my board, I've discovered that what I bought is actually a 200SR, which is designed for live sound and monitoring. I did come across a website that said it was made so bands could produce the sound live that was captured in the studio, so I'm assuming it's got the same preamps as the 200B. Any comments before I crack open a bottle of Buyer's Remorse?

you have a nice mixer: I have a 16 channel 200, the friend has a 24 and another 16. Sounds good. I'm using mine with 2 motu 2408s, very happy, much too high quality for my poor musicianship. you got a pretty good deal. Nice part about these mixers is the modular construction - you have to pay a pretty penny these days to get something like that. YOU can find modules with the sweepable eq on Ebay almost every week, and you can send modules off to sound craft authorized service guys who can still fix them. I say good buy.
cheers
C>

Not that I'm complaining - I do like this board - but I still don't know what it is.

Based on what I've found in the 200B and 200SR manuals it has 200SR channel strips, the 200B master section, and no talkback features. What gives? Were these made to order?

Back