Soundcloud messages ??

mark skinner

When I post a new song on Soundcloud , a lot of times I'll get a message very shortly afterwards from someone offering to represent it , or promote it on their blog or put it on some kind of pro Soundcloud song list of theirs. They are offering more plays , comments , followers etc. I've never clicked or responded to these. What do they get out of it , what do I get out of it. Are these usually pay for services or people actually helping. Curious ... mark

When I post a new song on Soundcloud , a lot of times I'll get a message very shortly afterwards from someone offering to represent it , or promote it on their blog or put it on some kind of pro Soundcloud song list of theirs. They are offering more plays , comments , followers etc. I've never clicked or responded to these. What do they get out of it , what do I get out of it. Are these usually pay for services or people actually helping. Curious ... mark
I remove them if they post a comment in the track and report them as spam. I think it’s generally accepted that a lot of folks pay for those services though so you won’t get rid of them forever.

They get money from you for making your song go up in the chart, which makes you feel great! Win-win!

Keith , That's kinda' what I figured , but wasn't sure. I normally use souncloud just to get help from recording forums. I get that Win-win feeling when a song is finally done. "Thanks"

I have had two types of messages:
Bullet rank type messages
And the ones that say my song will blow up soon .:LOL:
I asked some experienced artists on soundcloud once and they said "report them" !

Slightly on topic, but I've been reading a book, Future Crimes, and it's already about 6 years old, but sobering and scary. I think the estimate is about a hundred million fake Facebook accounts, and similar for other social networking sites. Many are assigned to "bots" that are ready to do whatever the highest bidder wants, which includes "likes" for your media posts, and those only cost pennies, or less, if you want to buy a few hundred thousand. Your impression of how popular or good or mainstream things are, based on what you see on the internet, are being manipulated all the time. The more popular something appears to be, especially when there's money being made (possibly from you!), the more skeptical you need to be.

Last edited:
Back