Soundclick exposed.

So I took a chance and played the video. So the SC founder looks like a rip off artist but there's not much I can do about it.

I use soundclick to store & play low rate music files. I use it to get a little exposure for my sad tunes. I don't expect to win anything for using therr service for almost no cost (there's always a cost even if it's notmoney up front).
If the bloke's a self deluded shyster that's sad but is he actually hurting anyone? Oh, other than the gullible who believe they'll get rich &/or famous on the internet that is?

How much does SOundclick charge users to store their music on their site?

That's what I thought. Most generous "rip-off" artist in the history of crime.

I don't watch vids on my puter as it takes time and I spend too much time on the puter anyways.

So lemme guess ..... he doesn't make anyone rich and so that makes him a rip off artist?

I don't watch vids on my puter as it takes time and I spend too much time on the puter anyways.

So lemme guess ..... he doesn't make anyone rich and so that makes him a rip off artist?

Here's the guy's beef with Soundclick. He's a paying VIP member. His account was suspended because one of his songs was miscategorized. Then he discovered Soundclick's founder was listed as a top seller even though he only had one song and two fans. So the owner is gaming the system and harassing paying customers for no good reason. Sounds like a sleazy operation to say the least.

What exactly does being #1 on Soundclick actually get you, other than bragging rights among the 27 other musicians that frequent your favorite music forum?

Seriously, just asking, not taking sides. I didn't watch the video either.

What exactly does being #1 on Soundclick actually get you, other than bragging rights among the 27 other musicians that frequent your favorite music forum?

Seriously, just asking, not taking sides. I didn't watch the video either.

Probably nothing, but that's not the point. When one pays for a service, one expects a little professionalism.

Here's the guy's beef with Soundclick. He's a paying VIP member. His account was suspended because one of his songs was miscategorized. Then he discovered Soundclick's founder was listed as a top seller even though he only had one song and two fans. So the owner is gaming the system and harassing paying customers for no good reason. Sounds like a sleazy operation to say the least.

ah .... that sounds like a legitimate complaint actually. Not that the owner is gaming the system ..... it's his site and he can do what he wants.

But to get your account suspended over essentially nothing is shitty.

ah .... that sounds like a legitimate complaint actually. Not that the owner is gaming the system ..... it's his site and he can do what he wants.

But to get your account suspended over essentially nothing is shitty.
The impression I'm getting is that the two are tied together. The owner games the system to pick up "hits" or whatever they call them, and at the same time he suspended someone's account (a paying customer) who he considers to be competition for him.

That ain't right.

Sounds strange - nobody ever contacts me at SC. How would they even know that the track is miscategorized? Is it because he was making money (or more money) than the owner thought he should? Definitely smells fishy but I just don't know enough details to really vote either way.

Maybe I'll watch the vid when I get home.

But yeah, Soundclick kinda sucks. I've been on there since I 1st joined this site back in '06. I remember I shared a link here to my first tune and got some views and replies - check Soundclick the next day and sure enough I was #whatever in the psychedelic charts.

Yay! I was so excited. I actually thought there were random listeners out there hearing my track and voting on it or something. I think I really believed it was the start of something big. What an idiot! It didn't take too long to realize that no one, outside of people who have music there and people who've been asked to critique a song posted there, visits soundclick.

If I posted a link to a fart here and asked you guys to check it out it would probably soar immediately to the top ten.

Back